Author Topic: Alt-tuner in bitwig  (Read 36 times)

Wanja

• View Profile
Alt-tuner in bitwig
« on: August 03, 2017, 04:17:04 AM »
Works alright overall, but can't get the keyswitcher to work, prob due to routing, not sure how to fix this atm so here to ask for some help if anyone has any?
I get this error on boot every time, which I assume is not a big deal unless I want to map cc and or other things using keyswitcher

Tall Kite

• The Tall One
  • Administrator
  • Expert Member
    • View Profile
    • my website:
Re: Alt-tuner in bitwig
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 11:05:30 AM »
Make sure alt-keyswitcher is right before alt-tuner in the effects chain.

I don't know bitwig, but I'll take a look at it. What OS are you running?
DAWs: Reaper, ProTools 7.4 (PT is mac only)
HARDWARE: Yamaha s90 ES, M-Audio Keystation 49e, Line 6 FBV mark II express (footpedal unit)
SOFTSYNTHS: Kontakt 4, SampleTank 3 free, Pianoteq demo, ReaSynth, all Xen-Arts synths

Wanja

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 08:54:34 AM »
Windows machine
I think it might react similar to ableton and filters the midi

And oh my, so much to learn about this piece of software you made for us  :)

Tall Kite

• The Tall One
  • Administrator
  • Expert Member
    • View Profile
    • my website:
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 11:01:32 PM »
Haven't forgotten about this, still working on learning bitwig...
HARDWARE: Yamaha s90 ES, M-Audio Keystation 49e, Line 6 FBV mark II express (footpedal unit)
SOFTSYNTHS: Kontakt 4, SampleTank 3 free, Pianoteq demo, ReaSynth, all Xen-Arts synths

Tall Kite

• The Tall One
  • Administrator
  • Expert Member
    • View Profile
    • my website:
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 05:38:39 PM »
Unfortunately, bitwig does indeed have the same problems as Ableton Live. It garbles microtonal midi. It sends all of alt-tuner's output to midi channel 1. It also filters out sysex messages. Alt-tuner simply won't work inside bitwig, except for mono tracks, and for keyswitch mode, which only works with kontakt.

So, assuming you are heavily invested in using bitwig, and don't want to switch DAWs, you need to use a virtual midi cable to connect bitwig to another DAW or VST host that runs alt-tuner. Then send the midi back into bitwig with another midi cable. Not as hard as it sounds, and you'll do most of your work in bitwig. Instructions to follow.

Tall Kite

• The Tall One
  • Administrator
  • Expert Member
    • View Profile
    • my website:
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 05:58:44 PM »
Works alright overall, but can't get the keyswitcher to work, prob due to routing, not sure how to fix this atm so here to ask for some help if anyone has any?
I get this error on boot every time, which I assume is not a big deal unless I want to map cc and or other things using keyswitcher

I'm not getting this error. And yes, it's not that big a deal.