Author Topic: Midi effects folder missing  (Read 2741 times)

Jim Bell

• View Profile
Midi effects folder missing
« on: July 28, 2014, 10:24:21 AM »
Hi Kite!

I installed Reaper. Found that no folders where installed on my Mac OsX 10.7.5. Bought it and successfully licensed it with the install key they sent me. Still no folders or anything. There is a FX folder within the Reaper application package copied to my application folder, but a global file or folder search for Reaper returns only the application file (and the dmg I downloaded of course). Reaper runs fine though.

Joakim
Mini Mac to Yamaha P50 Digital Piano as midi controller

Tall Kite

• The Tall One
  • Administrator
  • Expert Member
    • View Profile
    • my website:
Re: Midi effects folder missing
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 12:35:34 PM »
Hi Joakim!
On my mac, the folder is /users/Kite/Application Support/REAPER/Effects/Midi. Possibly it might be under Cockos, not Reaper. If it's not there, you could try doing a global search for midi_eater, one of the included midi effects. However I've seen the spotlight search function miss items in the library.
What happens when you click on the FX button on a Reaper track? Do you see a list of effects? There should be a "JS" (jesusonic) choice on the lefthand column, and clicking it should show you all your JS effects.
DAWs: Reaper, ProTools 7.4 (PT is mac only)
HARDWARE: Yamaha s90 ES, M-Audio Keystation 49e, Line 6 FBV mark II express (footpedal unit)
SOFTSYNTHS: Kontakt 4, SampleTank 3 free, Pianoteq demo, ReaSynth, all Xen-Arts synths

Jim Bell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 02:09:15 AM »
It brings up the effects menu. My VST and AU effects shows up fine. JS too. I even find the midi_eater plugin. But a global search for it in Finder turns up nothing. No folders named Cockos either. Hidden folders? I even punched in a command I found on the net that would show all hidden system folders.

Tall Kite

• The Tall One
  • Administrator
  • Expert Member
    • View Profile
    • my website:
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 10:57:59 AM »
Never mind the global search, can you get to /users/(your name)/Application Support/REAPER/Effects/Midi via Finder? Shouldn't be hidden. If so, move the contents of the "alt-tuner files" folder there (not the folder itself). Then restart Reaper, and alt-tuner and alt-keyswitcher should show up in the FX list.
HARDWARE: Yamaha s90 ES, M-Audio Keystation 49e, Line 6 FBV mark II express (footpedal unit)
SOFTSYNTHS: Kontakt 4, SampleTank 3 free, Pianoteq demo, ReaSynth, all Xen-Arts synths

Jim Bell

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 07:47:50 AM »
Found it this morning under users/my name/LIBRARY/application support. Maybe my mac needed a restart to allow for the Library folder to who up after I made it visible in Finder using a Terminal command I found online. Now altuner and altkeyswitcher shows up fine.

Tall Kite

• The Tall One
  • Administrator
  • Expert Member
    • View Profile
    • my website:
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 04:53:34 PM »
Oops, sorry, you're right, I forgot the Library part.   :P
I'm going to add installation instructions to the download package, so this doesn't happen again.